The Spiced Vanilla and Cranberry range was released I guess in December around Christmas. I didn’t think much of it then and just ignored it. Then in Feb while hunting for a Vday gift for my better half, I saw these again and since alotta people had praised the shower cream and lip butters from this range I decided to get it. Additionally, the previous day, Kejal had also told me about how heavenly it was so that did influence me as well…First she makes me buy nail polishes and now skincare! Phew!!
About Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Body Butter:-
Our famous Body Butter, bursting with the scent of fresh berries. It is quickly absorbed and leaves skin feeling softer and smoother.
- Buttery texture
- No parabens
- Quantity:Â 50ml
- Price: INR 515
- Packaging â€“ This comes in a tub like all the others…Wish they’d switch to tubes now atleast, but ten again, I’m quite used to this packaging so it’s not much of an issue.
- Color & Texture â€“ The cream is an off white color and just a bit thick. I’d put it in the category of Satsuma Body butter. So it’s pretty light for a body butter and not at all thick as the Cocoa butter or Shea body butters. It takes minimal time to get absorbed into the body wihtout clogging my pores and making me feel icky.
- Effectiveness: I have extremely dry skin and this is like a balm to me. When my skin gets dry, it gets itchy and this calms it down and soothes my skin very well. The moisturizing effect lasts a long time of about 3-4hrs.
- Fragrance â€“ I wasn‘t to impressed with the fragrance when I sniffed it in the tub. But when I scopped it out and rubbed it on my arms, I was sold! It smells so comforting…Kinda like when I was a kid and my mom wud apply cream…The nostalgia hit me with alotta force and it’s just such a conforting and cozy fragrance which lasts about 2-3hrs on me. It may last longer or lesser depending on your skin.
My Verdict:Body Shop Spiced Vanilla Body Butter:-
I’d recommend it to all this season. Winter and spring is perfect to use this body butter. Although I would suggest you to get the smaller tub so you can finish it off by the time the strong summers hit since normal to oily skin may not take well to it in the summers. I would definitely repurchase this provided they keep selling it. I read somewhere that this is a LE range and the stock being sold now is the last of it. In this case, I do hope they re-introduce it next winters atleast.
What I like about TBS Spiced Vanilla Body Butter :-
- Would suit normal to dry skin
- Doesn’t make the skin feel greasy at all.
- Perfect for winter and spring
- The scent takes me back to my childhood..It’s just so comforting.
- Tub is travel friendly.
- Worth the price.
- Keeps the skin moisturized for 3-4 hrs
- Fragrance lasts for about 2-3rs easily.
What I don’t like about TBS Spiced Vanilla Body Butter :-
- Would have been more hygienic in tube form
- May be a LE product so it may not always be available to us.
- Effectiveness: 5/5
- Fragrance: 5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Availability: 3.5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have you tried this Vanilla Wonder from TBS??
You may also like reading these:
- The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter Review
- The Body Shop Olive Body Butter Reviews
- Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Butter Review
- Body Shop Pomegranate Body Butter Review
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter for Dry Hair Review
- Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Butter Review
- Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter Review