None of us wear foundation on a daily basis…Atleast i’ve never met anyone who does. 😉 And yet we do need that magic product which evens out our skin tones and conceals some of our worst flaws don’t we?
A lot of us swear by the Maybelline BB Cream or the late Pond’s TM. Where Maybelline’s BB cream is The product to use for matte looking skin, Ponds TM was the tube a lot of us reached for for the perfect dewy look. And since Ponds TM has been discontinued, a lot of us have been feeling quite orphaned and left high n dry so to speak. Well, worry not! TBS Vit E TM has swept in to the rescue!
About Body Shop Vitamin E Tinted Moisturiser :-
An easily-absorbed tinted moisturiser that helps protect the skin, leaving it feeling soft and smooth. Its lightly tinted formulation blends easily to promote a healthy-looking, even skin tone.
- Quantity: 50ml
- Price: 750 INR
TBS VitE Tinted Moisturizer
- Packaging â€“ I wassooo happy this came in a tube form as opposed to the tub packaging TBS favors so much. It also has a flip top lid which I like…no more wrestling with the twist-up lid like I had to do with the Maybelline and Ponds TM.
- Texture â€“ This TM is of a medium consistency. i.e., its not runny but at the same time it isn’t too thick at all. It spreads easily and feels quite like I’m applying some sort of lotion!
- Coverage â€“ This provides a light to medium coverage much like the Ponds TM. It won’t cover the darkest of pigmentation but conceals it to a certain extend. It also evens out my skin quite well.
- Usage â€“ I use about a gram sized amount (read chole-sized’ 😉 ) amount for my entire face and neck. I dot it over my face and then use my hands to spread and blend it out.
My Verdict Body Shop Vit E Tinted Moisturiser:-
I love this! The main reason being the dewy look..Don’t mistake me, I do love my Maybelline one equally for its almost matte look but a lot of the times I like to have that well moisturized look and the dewiness just adds to the naturalness of the look. I do pat some Kryolan Loose Finishing powder over it before proceeding with the rest of my makeup.
On application, this feels too oily and does take a bit of time to set. In the beginning I was worried since it literally felt like I’d used a winter moisturizer. But I must say this is impressive. Once set, my skin looks and feels moisturized and fresh through the day despite the usual dryness caused by sitting in an AC environment for most of the day. I guess it’s the VitE doing it’s work. I swear by that entire range…I’ve used 2-3 products from it already and I love them since they work really well for my skin.
As for a comparison with Ponds TM, here are a few points:-
- There is a huge difference in the pricing. The TBS TM is a lot heftier on the pockets. But in its defence they do have more product 😉
- The Ponds TM sets faster than the TBS one. But I honestly don’t mind this.
- The effects of the TBS TM lasts much longer than Ponds. Ponds was moisturizing for my skin but the effect never lasted more than 3hrs.Whereas the TBS TM lasts all day till I reach home.
- Coverage-wise I find both to be the same. I actually found Maybelline BB cream to give more coverage than either one of these.
- Ponds had 3 shades, but I’ve seen only 1 shade with TBS. I’m not sure whether its supposed to adapt to all skin tones or if I didn’t see all of them, but TBS usually sticks to a 1-shade suits all..like in the case of the Shiso BB cream for example.
- The TBS TM doesn’t have SPF
Pros of TBS VitE Tinted Moisturizer: –
- First and foremost its a great if not better alternative to the Ponds TM.
- It’s moisturizing effect lasts a long while.
- Imparts a dewyÂ & natural look to the face.
- Provides light to medium coverage
- Hygienic packaging
- Has the most loved Vit E component
- One tube will last a long time.
- Doesn’t leave a whitish cast on me
- Keeps my skin hydrated in the AC environment I work in.
- Doesn’t clog my pores.
Cons of TBS VitE Tinted Moisturizer:-
- Wish it had some SPF content
- Quite pricey
- Not sure whether it comes in more than 1 shade variant.
- Texture: 5/5
- Coverage: 4/5
- Effectiveness: 4.5/5
- Lasting Power: 5/5
- Price vs. Quality: 5/5
Have you tried The Body Shop Vitamin E Tinted Moisturiser ?
You may also like reading these :-
- 5 The Body Shop Makeup Brushes
- The Bodyshop Moisture White Shiso Whitening Night Treatment Review
- Body Shop Stardust Photos, Price & Swatches
- Body Shop Face And Body Brush, Blush Brush, Slanted Brush
- 5 Body Shop Metallic Eye Definer Photos And Swatches
- Body Shop Tea Tree Concealer Review
- Body Shop Gently Purify Clarifying Clay Mask Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator Review
- The Body Shop Wild Cherry Shower Gel Review
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash Review
- Body Shop Rainforest Shine Shampoo & Conditioner Review
- The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter Review
- The Body Shop Olive Body Butter Reviews
- Body Shop Moroccan Rose Body Butter Review
- Body Shop Pomegranate Body Butter Review
- The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter for Dry Hair Review
- Body Shop Sweet Lemon Body Butter Review
- Body Shop Strawberry Body Butter Review