I can skip on anything in my skin care routine from toner to moisturizer, scrub or even night cream but I’m the most obedient girl when it comes to sunscreen ^_^ Thanks to years of tanning and skin damage, I’ve now realized the importance of a sunscreen in my life. Well, I’ve experimented with many sunscreens or say moisturizers with high SPF( I prefer day creams with a minimum of SPF 20) and now I wanted to try something different. I saw this little bottle on a visit to a local beauty store, it has this cute packaging and catchy ingredients which made me buy it without any second thoughts. I had never tried anything from this brand but have read average reviews about the brand and it’s products.
Let’s quickly get down to the review.
- PACKAGING: It comes inÂ white colored opaque bottle. It has a pumpÂ dispenser which takes some effort to dispense as it’s quite tight. It has a transparent cap to it which fits perfectly, I’m not sure if it will loosen up with time.As of now, the packaging is convenient, easy to use( apart from the tight nozzle ) and travel friendly too. I kinda like it.
- PRICE: 285 INR.You can buy it from here
- QUANTITY:100 ml.
- TEXTURE AND CONSISTENCY: As it is a lotion I was expecting it to be little thin in consistency but it is quite creamy and not at all runny. It is pure white in color and not too thick.
INGREDIENTS: This was the thing that attracted me, it has aloe vera, chamomile extracts, carrot extracts, liquorice extracts, sandal extracts. Imagine carrot in your face cream 😛 Or may be that’s new to me but I like it.
FRAGRANCE: Let me tell you that I’m a sensitive nose, even the slightest of the scent bothers me a lot. I expect all my products to be completely fragrance free but sadly this product has some strong soapy kinda scent to it which gives me nausea every time I put it on, but thanks to heavens that smell fades with in minutes of application so much so that it makes me re-think if it ever had any scent to it.
My experience with Jovees Fairness Lotion WaterÂ Resistant Sunscreen :
I had bought this lotion only to use it a day cream which will give sun protection as well. The company makes some fairness claims which I never bother about. I assume all the fairness products do is just even out the skin tone. That will be an added bonus if a moisturizer along with sun protection is evening out my skin tone, who wouldn’t want that? Well I’ve been using it for some 4-5 weeks now and i can say this moisturizes my skin good, gives me pretty good sun protection as well and I can see my skin tone looks a little, just a little even. I put on a pea sized amount of this lotion after washing my face in the morning, I tend to use everything in a massaging motion even my cleansers, and I do the same with it. It gets absorbed in sometime completely as it claims and gives me a dewy finish which I adore. The fragrance also fades away completely with in minutes of application. It gives me average to good sun protection depending on the intensity of sun rays and the amount of time I spend out. I’ve normal acne prone skin which can get dried out very easily, I break out very badly but this thing has never broken me out, it does makes me little oily after a few hours but that’s all right as I don’t mind blotting my face every now and then. Over all this works pretty average, nothing too high nor too low.
What I like about Jovees Fairness Lotion WaterÂ Resistant Sunscreen :-
- Good packaging.
- Perfect consistency.
- Comes with SPF 25.
- I love the ingredients.
- Moisturizes well.
- Gives pretty good sun protection.
- Gives a dewy glow
- Doesn’t break me out.
- Easy on pocket.easily available at any beauty store or on any online shopping portal.
- Evens out skin tone to an extent.
- Will suit normal-dry skinÂ well.
- Not tested on animals.
- Good shelf life or 3 years.
- Very little amount required, so the quantity provide is completely fine.
- Will last for a good time.
- The fragrance fades away completely after sometime.
What I don’t like about Jovees Fairness Lotion WaterÂ Resistant Sunscreen :-
- Strong fragrance
- Tight nozzle dispenser.
- Cap may loosen up with time.
- Though the company says it is for all skin type, it will not suit oily skin.
- Complete list of ingredients is not provided.
- False fairness claim.
- I don’t think it’s water resistant.
Will I recommend Jovees Fairness Lotion WaterÂ Resistant Sunscreen to others:
It’s a pretty average product which works fine for the price tag it come with. I will surely recommend to any dry skinned girl who is looking out for a budget friendly moisturizer+sunscreen, and if the initial strrrong :p scent doesn’t bother them.
Will I repurchase Jovees Fairness Lotion WaterÂ Resistant Sunscreen ?
ummm, I think I will surely try something else from this brand if I like. But I’m not sure about this particular product.
Have you tried Jovees Fairness Lotion WaterÂ Resistant Sunscreen ?
You might also like reading these:-
- Must Have Feminine Hygiene Products -VWash
- Pondâ€™s White Beauty Blemish Prevention UV Cream Review
- Manish Malhotra Opened The Lakme Fashion Week Winter/Festive 2013 Season
- How To Style Scarf â€“ Accessorize in Bow Knot
- Dry Skin Scrub Homemade â€“ DIY
- Almond Oil For Oily Skin Is Good? â€“ Facebook Reader Question
- Bourjois Volume Glamour Max Definition Mascara Review
- Lâ€™Oreal Paris La Creme True Match BB Cream Review
- MUA Power Pout in Broken Hearted Review & Swatches