- For anemic, under-nourished persons, tomato is a boon. One glassful of tomato juice in the breakfast with some honey provides energy, strength and vitality. It should form an essential ingredient of diet for all age groups. Its juice also supplements iron deficiency in a pregnant lady and a bed-ridden person
- If a person is suffering from nausea, mix some lemon juice with tomato and carrot juice and consume. Some people also add juices of beet, peppermint, ginger to further enhance the nutrition value.
- Tomato juice is very helpful for a diabetic. Being a reservoir of vitamin C, it can prevent and cure scurvy. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s also an excellent blood purifier.
- Some people who cannot take raw tomato juice should take tomato soup with a teaspoon of cream, black salt, corn flakes to it. ItÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s an excellent appetizer when taken prior to lunch or dinner.
- For some one suffering from dysentery, half-ripe tomatoes are beneficial. Half ripe tomatoes juice is also an excellent preventive and also a remedy for heat and sun-stroke.
Note: Tomato juice may create irritation and cough in some persons. If so, add some honey or prefer in form of soup. Also, a person having tendency to stone formation in kidneys, urinary bladder should not consume tomatoes in any form.
You might like reading this also
A glass of beetroot juice for beauty and health
Amla(Indian gooseberries) benefits and uses in herbal remedies