Hey all beauty geeks!!! How are you lovely people doing???? I am back after a self-imposed short break 🙁 But my oh my!!! I missed this place like anything. The day seemed so dull without a product review 😉 I still made a point to check out ‘wiseshe’ regularly. Though I was MIA, I was not sitting idle. I have splurged and splurged on some awesome makeup products. So embrace yourself for all the incoming reviews. 🙂
I love collecting high-end eyeshadow palettes, especially all the neutral ones. So when Too faced cosmetics launched the Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette, how could I resist buying it. 😉 What attracted me towards the palette was – first, the ‘yummy’ looking chocolate packaging and second, the palette just not had boring-but-necessary neutrals, but also some beautiful colors. So, it could serve as a complete eyeshadow palette on its own !!!
About Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette:
Too Faced Cosmetics is a premium brand of cosmetics, known esp. for its bronzers and awesome eyeshadow palettes. The company describes the chocolate bar palette as:
‘The Chocolate Bar experience begins as soon as you open the palette and the smell of sweet chocolate envelops you. The eye shadows are pigmented with pure, antioxidant-rich cocoa powder and includes 16 matte and shimmer shades of natural browns, delicate pinks and luscious plums. Includes our signature how-to Glamour Guide with three looks to get you started.
Price : $49.
Ingredients: Cherry Cordial, CrÃ¨me Brulee, Hazelnut, Milk Chocolate, Triple Fudge, White Chocolate Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Saccharin, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Polyethylene, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Silica, Sorbic Acid, Vanillin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Boron Nitride. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bronze Powder (CI 77400), Manganese Violet (CI 77742). Amaretto, Black Forest Truffle, Champagne Truffle, Haute Chocolate, Salted Caramel, Semi-Sweet, Strawberry Bon Bon Talc, Mica, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Zinc Stearate, Sodium Saccharin, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Polyethylene, Sorbic Acid, Vanillin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Tin Oxide, Boron Nitride, Carmine (CI 75470). May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Copper Powder (CI 77400), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140) Aluminum Powder (CI 77000). Candied Violet, Gilded Ganache, Marzipan Mica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Talc, Zinc Stearate, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Sodium Saccharin, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Silica, Boron Nitride, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Polyethylene, Sorbic Acid, Vanillin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Fruit Powder, Tin Oxide , Carmine (CI 75470). May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Bronze Powder (CI 77400).
My take on Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette:
Too Faced Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette is a treat in itself. The moment you open the palette a whiff of chocolate envelopes you. Yes, the palette smells of real chocolate. This alone takes my mood to its best. 🙂 The eyeshadow palette has 16 eyeshadows – 2 large and 14 small with really interesting names. There is a thin plastic sheet that contains the names of all the eyeshadows. The Chocolate Bar eyeshadow palette is dedicated to the entire range of neutrals from lighter to darker shades. You can easily create a simple, day-time look or use dark colors for a smokier, night look. There are a couple of pink and violet shades as well to add color to your eye looks. The palette has colors both in the warm as well as cool tones. You will also find an equal mix of matte and shimmer eyeshadows. All this is made easier by the accompanied look book, that illustrates three eye looks using the palette.
All the swatches are without using a primer. The first row comprises of following colors:
- Gilded Ganache: A shimmery cool-toned, dark brown with green undertones, almost like a deep khaki color.
- White Chocolate: One of the larger eyeshadows. A matte light beige color, perfect as a matte highlight.
- Milk Chocolate: A matte slightly warm-toned, medium brown. Can be used as a crease or a transition color.
- Black Forest Truffle: A blackened burgundy with gold sparkle. The texture is slightly gritty.
- Triple Fudge: A matte, cool dark brown. Excellent as a liner or on outer V.
The second row comprises of following colors:
- Salted Caramel: A matte, warm-toned, medium brown with orange undertones. Perfect transition color and can be used as an all-over lid color.
- Marzipan: A frosty, warm, peachy color. Looks beautiful on the lid.
- Semi-Sweet: A matte, warm medium deep brown with slight red undertones. Good for use in the crease.
- Strawberry Bon Bon: A matte, cool-toned light pink.
- Candied Violet: A shimmery, muted violet with slight cooler undertones. Goes on sheer.
- Amaretto: A frosty, dark bronze color with strong plum undertones.
The third row has following colors:
- Hazelnut: A frosty, medium bronze with golden shimmers.
- Creme Brulee: A shimmery, deep gold with beautiful sheen. My fav color 🙂
- Haute Chocolate: A shimmery, dark chocolate brown with red undertones.
- Cherry Cordial: A matte, deep burgundy with slight shimmer to it.
- Champagne Truffle: One of the larger eyeshadows. A frosty, champagne color with a pink undertone. Has a beautiful sheen and can be used even as a cheek highlighter.
Texture: All the shadows are very soft and apply smoothly on the lids. Some shimmery eyeshadows may have a gritty texture and can lead to a fallout. A couple of matte eyshadows feel a bit powdery but all the shades are super blendable and they look very beautiful on the eyes.
Pigmentation: The colors are really pigmented, with the exception of Strawberry Bon Bon and Candied Violet. But these can be layered to get the desired color.
Staying Power: The shadows last for 7-8 hours without a primer. Did not crease at all.
Packaging: The packaging is the GAME. The eyeshadows come packed in a tin box resembling a chocolate. The tin has a magnetic closure and a big mirror. The name of the shadows are mentioned on a plastic sheet that comes within the box.
What I like about Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette:
- A balanced palette with neutrals and colors.
- Both matte and shimmery colors.
- Very pigmented.
- Smooth and soft in texture.
- Easy to blend.
- Well coordinated colors.
- Smells like a chocolate.
- Long staying power.
- Quality eyeshadows.
- Can be used to create multiple looks – daytime as well dark, smoky.
- THE PACKAGING.
What I do not like about Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette:
- Some shades lack pigmentation and are a bit dry, but you can layer them to get the desired color.
- Average fallout while application.
- Strong chocolate smell may not appeal to everyone.
- Unavailability in India.
- Little pricey.
Final Impression: This is my most treasured eyeshadow palette till date. Beautiful, quality eye shadows for a complete eyeshadow palette. A perfect mix of matte and shimmery neutrals to get desired looks. Definitely a buy for a newbie or experienced makeup lovers alike. Highly Recommended!!!
Have you tried Too Faced Chocolate Bar Eyeshadow Palette?
You might also like reading these:-