We all know some of the benefit of turmeric .Turmeric a deep exotic yellow spice is part of our daily life. Some of use a pinch of turmeric every day either in daal or subzi. A member of ginger family it has been used and written about in Ayurveda years and years back.
Nowadays it is doubtful to get the pure form of turmeric so it is better to get the root and make your own paste to get the maximum result out of it.
Turmeirc is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent which is useful in many problems such as on cut and burns, breast cancer, melanoma, child hood leukemia and it is a natural liver detoxifier too.
Below are some of the various benefits of turmeric which are popular and have been used by many
1.Skin pigmentation-Turmeric helps in reducing skin pigmentation as it tone down to color of the skin. Take lemon juice or cucumber juice if you are allergic to lemon juice and add a pinch of turmeric in it. Apply it on your face and leave it for fifteen minutes. Wash it off with water. If it is difficult to remove turmeric stains from your face then use milk to clean the face. Just dab a cotton in milk and clean your face with it .By doing this every day one will gradually see the skin colour getting in its normal tone.
2. On wounds and cuts-Take alum(fitkari) powder and mix it with turmeric. By applying the powder on the wounds the bleeding from the wound stops immediately. In olden days when ever one use to get wounds alum and turmeric powder paste was made by heating it slowly with oil. This paste was applied on the wound and bandage was wrapped. The heat of turmeric and alum use to give instant relief from the pain. Make sure that the paste is not too hot for the skin.
3. Diabeties/Sugar (Madhumeha)-Take the root of turmeric and powder it up. Take a pan and add the turmeric in it and sautÃƒÂ© it for few minutes. Add sugar in it and eat it every day. This helps sugar patient in diabetes.
4. Turmeric as a body scrub–Indian brides apply turmeric and gram flour mix paste on their entire body on the morning of their wedding. This makes their skin soft and smooth. But this do require regular application . One can use this ubtan ever day for glowing and tan free skin.
5. In bronchial asthma a tea spoon of turmeric is added to one glass of lukewarm water .It is given to the patient regularly which built up the immune system of the patient and gives him relief from the discomforts too.
6.Turmeric powder is given in throat pain too .Some clarified butter with pinch of turmeric, black pepper and sugar helps in curing bad throat if taken once per day.
7. Mix bit of turmeric in butter or coconut oil and apply it on the area which itch or tingles. This gives some relief instantly.
Do you know any popular turmeric remedy which helps in any disease?.