Types Of Beauty Allergies And How To Deal With Them
We all use so many different types of skincare & makeup products on our skin on a daily basis. Whether it is a simple moisturizer, a sunscreen or a high-end foundation, many of these contain chemicals & other ingredients which may not suit the skin at times & cause allergies. Today, we take you through some different kinds of allergies which can be caused by different beauty products.
Redness From WaxingÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
This is one of the most common kind of skin allergy which every woman must have experienced. It is normal for the skin to get a bit red after waxing & this redness usually goes away in a couple of hours. However, in some cases, it might get a bit severe which can further cause itching.
- Applying fresh Aloe Vera Gel helps soothe the skin
- Apply a pre-epilation powder or oil before waxing
- Keep the skin moisturized
- Avoid touching the freshly waxed skin as it might increase the redness
Although acne is mainly caused because of reasons like hormonal changes & unhealthy eating habits, but using beauty products which are comedogenic block pores & cause fresh breakouts. In addition, Silicones in skincare as well as makeup products also contribute in clogging the pores.
- Switch to non-oil based makeup to prevent occurrence of acne
- Keep your skin clean at all times
- Eat healthy & avoid junk & fried foods
- Multani Mitti (Fullerâ€™s Earth) can be used in face packs to avoid excess oil
- Tea tree oil also works well on acne
Getting nicks & cuts while shaving is very common. No matter how careful you are with the razor, when the blade strikes, these nicks are bounds to appear.
- Wash the cut first to avoid germs
- Aloe Vera Gel works wonderfully to treat shaving nicks
- A moisturizing lotion also helps to reduce scarring
- Applying petroleum jelly on the cut also helps it to heal
Products which tend to rip of the moisture from your skin tend to make your skin dry & itchy. For instance, your cleanser might be too drying, you might be using a soap-based cleanser or even a light moisturizer which is not hydrating enough.
- Switch up your moisturizer & keep the skin well nourished at all times
- Avoid soap-based cleansers
- Apply some Coconut oil on the affected area to reduce itching
- Fresh basil leaves also work well on itchy skin
Allergy To Hair Color:
Many women also tend to get allergies from using hair dyes. Such hair coloring products contain harmful chemicals like ammonia & peroxides which can cause reactions on the skin.
- It is always recommended to try out a patch test first before using the product
- Once you feel any allergy on the skin, wash the affected area with a shampoo & remove all the hair dye from your hair
- Tea tree oil possesses antifungal & anti-inflammation properties which helps reduce the allergy
- Massaging the scalp with Jojoba Oil tames allergies on the scalp by keeping it moisturized & nourished.
Redness Around Eye Area:
Your eye area is extremely delicate & it needs to be properly taken care of. At times, eye makeup such as kohl pencils, eyeliners & eye shadows can also cause allergies. As a result, redness can be seen around the eye area. In addition, other symptoms such as puffiness under the yes & under-eye wrinkles can also be witnessed.
- Putting cool cucumber slices helps soothe & relax the eyes
- Moist tea bags fight infections & reduce inflammation
- Use only good quality eye makeup
- Consult your doctor if the problem still persists
How do you deal with beauty allergies?
You might also like to read:-