Hey all beauty geeks!!! Hope alls well with everyone. I am still struggling with packing my house stuff as we are moving this week. I hate packing, moving and then again setting the entire house. Its like a job in itself!!! 🙁 Anyways, enough of my gyaan; lets move to today’s review – Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascara. I am currently happy with my mascara and was actually not planning to buy any new mascara. However, I have heard a lot about fiber mascaras and how they elongate your lashes. So, I picked up this mascara in Ulta after I discovered that it is a fiber mascara. Plus, the SA highly recommended it. So, let us see what is the hype about?? 🙂
About Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascara:
The Ulta website describes the mascara as:
- ‘A truly innovative creamy fiber mascara with natural Oils and extracts that is great for all types of skin.
- Unique lengthening effect is achieved through the nylon fibers to increase the lash length.
- A super thickening wear is achieved through the natural polymers to stretches and holds lash in shape.
- High-quality consistency and extremely smooth fine pearls and pigments built it up as desired to define, highlight and intensify lashes with temporary fun tonight, change your look as you like, and wash out easily tomorrow.
- This unique quick-drying formula provides soft, smooth, and comforting finish with natural-looking and stay-put color.
- A wonderful long-lasting wear is achieved through the blend of waxes, solvents, pigments and polymers included into the formula.
- Applies easily and won’t smudge, fade, smear or tear-off once it has set.
- Washes off easily with soap and warm water.’
Price : $10.00
Ingredients: Water, Beeswax, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Cetyl Alcohol, Acacia Gum, Stearic Acid, Sorbitol, Kaolin, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Tromethamine, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Oleic Acid, Polyisobutene, Nylon 6, Phenoxyethanol, Chloroxylenol, 1,2 Hexanediol/Caprylyl Glycol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Silica, Iron Oxide (CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).
Directions: Can be applied with a soft mascara brush all over lashes. Can be applied two or three times for more significant sight effect.
My take on Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascara in Jet Black:
Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascara comes in three shades – Jet Black, Soft Black and Brown. I picked up Jet Black as I prefer ultra black mascaras. However, the mascara is not the blackest black that I was hoping for. It is black definitely but not as intense as ‘Jet Black’ sounded like. 😉
Formula: The formula of the mascara is not very thin or thick, perfect consistency. It takes a few seconds to dry down. It does not flake or smudge later. It does not clump lashes and keeps them feeling soft to touch.
Performance: Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascara in Jet Black really lengthens the lashes. But not over dramatic. It does not volumize much so I don’t have that lush, thick lashes. But it does a decent job at giving length to the lashes.
I apply one coat for a very natural but defined look. It is the best mascara for normal days. For special occasions I apply a volumizing mascara and I am ready to party. 😉
Staying Power: The mascara has an average staying power of 3-4 hours. Post that, your lashes loose their length and become normal.
Packaging: I love the sleek silver packaging. It looks quite stylish as well. The mascara has a huge, thick spiral brush. It does a decent job at coating all the lashes. However, it would have been perfect if it had some bristles on the tip to coat corner lashes.
What I like about Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascara in Jet Black:
- Gives awesome length to the lashes.
- Does not feel stiff on the lashes.
- Dries up nicely after few seconds.
- Sleek packaging.
- Perfect consistency.
- Does not flake or smudge.
- Thick brush that covers almost all the lashes.
- Not experienced any allergy.
- Looks very natural.
What I do not like about Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascara in Jet Black:
- Does not provide much volume.
- Average staying power.
- Not intense black.
- Unavailability in India.
Final Impression: Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascarain Jet Black was my first experience with fiber mascaras. And I am definitely impressed. It adds length to the lashes, without feeling stiff. Another advantage is it looks very natural and gives a pretty look with any subtle eye makeup. If you are ok with using another volumizing mascara with this, I think its a good addition to the mascara kit. Recommended!!!
Have you tried Ulta Super Stretch Fiber Mascara in Jet Black ?
You might like to read:-
- FabIndia Tea Tree Cleansing Milk Review
- 5 Ways To Keep Your Hands Supple
- Chambor Jewels Metallic Liquid Eyeliner Waterproof #4 Review & Swatches
- Color Club Nail Lacquer Wham! Pow! Review & NOTD
- 5 Physicians Formula Products- Info and Price
- Illamasqua Soaked Lipstick Review & Swatches
- Sephora Rouge Jealous R 07 Lip Color Review & Swatches
- Lâ€™Oreal Colour Riche Nails Ingenious Rose Review & NOTD