I bought this from Ebay along with another UD blush called Quickie that was reviewed earlier. I picked this up out of total curiosity but it didn’t quite work the way I wanted to.
But where there’s a will, there’s a way and I’ve found a way to use this! 🙂
Housed in a petite compact, this blush can be perfectly paired with your dressy pearls or worn alone to recreate summer’s glow.Delicate, fresh… Introducing Urban Decay’s first-ever powder blush… appropriately named Afterglow. Small enough to fit in your clutch, this blush can be perfectly paired with your dressy pearls or worn alone to recreate summer’s glow. Bronzed pinks and hints of gold are here for the taking. Available in several colors to enhance a wide range of complexions
Made with Chamomile — Nature’s best, with these properties:
- Â Healing/soothing effect
- Â Relieves dryness
- Rich in B vitamins and minerals
- Suitable for all skin types, including very sensitive skin
- Price: $17
- Quantity: 3.8gms
My take on Â Urban decay blush ScoreÂ
- Packaging: The packaging for this blush is extremely sleek, yet compact. It comes in a circular flip-top pan which is in a metallic ink shade. Kit has a mirror which would help in touch ups, but no brush. I don’t mind the absence of a brush but I would have may be liked this to have a transparent lid which would make it easy to identify. But again I’m not too miffed at this coz they have a colored sticker on the back of the pan in the same color as the blush and also has the shade name printed on it. So it’s not totally inconvenient.
- Color: This blush is described as a cherry peach shade and that’s exactly the way it looks when swatched. But when I apply this on my face, the color seems to be more of a peachy-gold.
- Pigmentation & Texture: This blush, like Quickie is also very soft to the touch and has a luxurious silky texture. The pigmentation is ok-ok and nothing to rave about. However, this may be because the shade itself is pretty sheer. I initially tried using this as a blush but it made me look totally washed out and pale. After keeping it in my drawer for a while, I decided to try using it as a highlighter and I must say that I’ve found the perfect way to use it. The tiny shimmers make my face glow and compliments most of my blushes as well.
Also, if very intent on using as a blush, I feel its better to do so with a fan brush since it doesn’t pick up as much of the product and won’t make one look like a disco ball 🙂
- Staying Power: It stays on me for about 4-5hrs which is pretty okay and manageable
Swatches of Urban Decay Blush Score
What I liked about Urban decay powder BlushÂ
- Packaging is sturdy and easy to carry during travel
- It hardly has any fall out.
- Works really well for me as a highlighter.
- Compliments most blushes!
- The shimmer is very fine and doesn’t look overdone.
- Can also be used for eye make up easily.
- It has a mirror which is gr8 for touch ups.
- Cruelty- free
What I did not like Urban Decay Blush ScoreÂ
- Â Too pricey for such a tiny amount of product.
- Â Contains a truckload of Parabens
- Â Would have preferred if the lid were see-through
- Overall -3.5/5
- Staying power– 4/5
- Pigmentation -3/5
- PriceÂ 2/5 ( Â I have given it a low rating since I feel like for the price, the product could have been wayyy better)
You might like reading these also:-
- NYX Megashine Lipgloss Tea Rose Review & Swatches
- Revlon Superlustrous Frost Cha Cha Cherry Lipstick Swatches,Review & FOTD
- Flower Slice Nail Art & More
- Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder Brighten 010 Eclatant Swatches
- Lotus Herbals introduces SEDUCTIONâ„¢ Botanical â€˜Tintedâ€™ Lip Gloss