Like a much awaited movie sequel, in the world of makeup and beauty, Urban Decay’s NAKED 2 palette took the magic of their NAKED palette further. In a better travel friendly packaging with cooler shades in matte, shimmer and glitter finishes UD NAKED 2 palette is lovely enough to be placed side by side to the UD NAKED palette.
About Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
Being one of the world’s fortunate people I own both the palettes and I couldn’t photograph the joy I experienced when I got my hands on this one. Anyways presenting to you the Urban Decay NAKED 2 eyeshadow palette, which is a part of their regular line but always out of stock if you are not lucky.
The packaging is sturdy and better here. Though the outer casing is a hard cardboard, the main container is made of tin. It is sturdy enough to be carried while travelling and yet quite light. Looks like a child’s compass box for school.
The UD NAKED 2 contains 12 eyeshadows in matte, shimmer and glitter textures with a lovely 0.11 oz lipjunkie gloss in Naked (muted mink) and double ended good karma eyeshadow/crease brush.
The eyeshadows are soft and buttery with a better payoff and glide smoothly on lids. Each eyeshadow is about 1.3 g which would last quite a long time. There are lovely shimmery neutrals with taupes and greiges as the brand comments. I did not find a pure greige though but most of the eyeshadows have a bit grey (stormy) tone to them.
Here are the shades :
- Foxy – cream bisque with matte finish. A pale yellow beige matte eyeshadow that could work as a beautiful highlighter.
- Half-Baked – golden bronze with shimmery finish. This is a permanent color always repromoted and an excellent gold bronze for a day to night look.
- Booty call – shimmery cork. Its a lovely white with a bit of peach and a bit of beige in it. Its NEW and is a perfect higlighter.
- Chopper – Copper shimmer with silver microglitter. With less fallouts this is a brilliant color fortunately available in their regular line. This can add a metallic touch to a sophisticated smokey eye with a dose of added glamour.
- Tease – Creamy pale brown with matte finish. This color has elements of taupe and grey making it an amazing unusual color for defining the crease. It can bit a bit powdery though but goes on nicely on primed lids.
- Snake bite – Dark bronze shimmer with metallic base. This is one of my favorite eyeshadows as the dirty gold shimmer has a rustic edge enough to glam up a boring black dress.
- Suspect – pale golden beige with shimmering finish. A lovely buttery color to be applied as a mid tone shade. This is good for day wear.
- Pistol – Light grey brown with shimmery finish. This is another unusual color. I felt I saw some golden haze to this shade. Its lovely but can be a bit difficult to sport.
- Verve – oyster with shimmering finish. This is my favorite shade as it gives a dreamy wet glossy feel on the lids with nuances of pink, beige and white. This is the best eyeshadow I have come across in this palette.
- YDK – Cool bronze shimmer with metallic base. This is lovely to amplify a boring smokey eye. Due to the glitter it does add dimension and 3 D effect.
- Busted – Deep brown with shimmery finish. I remember MAC’s Smut though this does have a grey purple undertone to it. Very amazing and unusual shade. Its good for smokey eyes especially the quicker version.
- Black out – Blackest black with matte finish. There isn’t a black darker than this one and I had the honor to have one already in the 15th anniversary palette. Perfect eyeshadow base for all the shimmers to be seen through. Perfect as a matte liner and would be the most used shade from the palette.
The palette also contains a good quality GOOD KARMA cruelty free brush. I love the shadow/crease double ended duo brush which is best for blending creams and powders alike. The lip junkie lipgloss is amazing muted pink with minty flavor.
PROS:Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette:-
- Lovely palette with amazing cool neutrals
- High quality eyeshadows with lovely buttery finish
- Worth giving a gift
CONS :Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette:-
- Nothing much that I know of. Its fabulously priced.
- I would have loved a full size UD primer potion instead of that gloss.
PRICE -Â $50 as my friend bought it from Macy’s in Chicago
RECOMMENDATIONS -Â Its a good palette to have as the colors are amazing and if calculated individually it comes upto 240$. So you save 190$ which is a huge amount.
You might like reading these also:-