I bought this off Ebay sometime this January out of sheer make up craze. I’d heard so much about Urban Decay and wanted to add atleast one article from them to my kitty. And what better than a blush right? So after lots n lot sof hunting I found this blush and my antar-aatma told me to buy it and here we are 🙂 🙂
Housed in a petite compact, this blush can be perfectly paired with your dressy pearls or worn alone to recreate summer’s glow.
Delicate, fresh… Introducing Urban Decay’s first-ever powder blush… appropriately named Afterglow. Small enough to fit in your clutch, this blush can be perfectly paired with your dressy pearls or worn alone to recreate summer’s glow. Bronzed pinks and hints of gold are here for the taking. Available in several colors to enhance a wide range of complexions
Made with Chamomile — Nature’s best, with these properties:
- Healing/soothing effect
- Relieves dryness
- Rich in B vitamins and minerals
- Suitable for all skin types, including very sensitive skin
- Price: $17
- Quantity: 3.8gms
- Ingredients: -Â Talc, Tricaprylin, Zinc Stearate, Lauroyl Lysine, Boron Nitride, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Potassium Sorbate, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.May Contain: Mica, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 15850 (Red 6 Lake), CI 18580 (Red 7 Lake), CI 73360 (Red 30), CI 77007 (Ultramarines).
My take on Urban Decay Afterglow Blush in QuickieÂ
- Packaging: The packaging for this blush is extremely sleek, yet compact. It comes in a circular flip-top pan which is in a metallic ink shade. Kit has a mirror which would help in touch ups, but no brush. I don’t mind the absence of a brush but I would have may be liked this to have a transparent lid which would make it easy to identify. But again I’m not too miffed at this coz they have a colored sticker on the back of the pan in the same color as the blush and also has the shade name printed on it. So it’s not totally inconvenient.
- Color: This blush is described as a cherry pink shade and I find it to be a very pretty candy floss pink. It has tiny shimmer particles in it which is like the USP of UD products. Most of their products have shimmer and thankfully they know when to draw the line so that its not too much. Honestly, the shade reminds me of a sheer version on Big Babool bubble gum! 🙂 🙂
- Pigmentation & Texture: This blush has a very soft and silky feel to it. The pigmentation is commendable and I need very little on the brush for a single use. This blush is buildable but I am very careful not to use too much or else it makes me look washed out. This blush doesn’t have any fallout and this is one of the many reasons I like it.
- Staying Power: It stays on me for about 6hrs or so. Not bad right? Although, the tiny shimmers do fade away much sooner.
Swatches of Â Urban Decay Afterglow Blush in Quickie Â
What I liked aboutÂ Urban Decay Afterglow Blush in QuickieÂ
- I luv this bubblegum shade lots!
- Glides easily and is not at all tough to blend out.
- Staying power is commendable
- The tiny shimmers give a glow to the face and who wouldn’t want that!
- The shimmer is not OTT and can be worn to work as well.
- Packaging is sturdy and easy to carry during travel
- It has a mirror which is super useful for touch ups.
- Its sheer and gives that light barely there wash of color which a lot of us like.
- Cruelty- free
What I do not likeÂ Urban Decay Afterglow Blush in QuickieÂ
- Too pricey for just 3.8gms of product
- Contains loads n loads of Parabens
- would have preferred if the lid were see-through