Makeup Baking With Baby Powder
Women are mostly familiar with makeup techniques like contouring, strobing, highlighting and so on. But have you heard of makeup baking with ? No, this technique doesnâ€™t need any oven or baking tools, the only tool thatâ€™s needed is to â€œcookâ€ your face and â€œbake your makeupâ€.
Basically baking is allowing translucent powder to sit on your face for 5-10 minutes prior to blending, so that the heat produced by your body helps it to melt into your skin causing a significant colour and texture change. It can be dusted later too. Results? A pore less, matte finish throughout the day!!
Kim KardashianÂ swears by this technique, her makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic has used it on her face and we all know how stunning she looks.Check out my contouring make up tutorial here .
Today I am going to bake my maeup but not with some high expensive makeup product but with baby powder.
Letâ€™s read on to know more about this wonderful technique.
To bake your makeup, follow these steps:
- Apply the face with primer, foundation,and concealer.
- Pat a thick layer of powder on areas that needs brightening.You can use a damp sponge for it but I prefer dry sponge instead.I use my real technique sponge for it.
- Try this where you would highlight before- underneath your eye, along the jawline and bridge of the nose.
- Let the powder sit for five minutes and then begin to dust it away from the face with a fluffy brush.
Baking is a wonder technique of make up! Why? It gives the face a chiseled look all day! Whatâ€™s more? It also highlights the features along with setting the foundation. Wow! Isnâ€™t that amazing?
What are the steps to be followed and the tools needed to achieve this look? Scroll down to know more:
- Begin with moisturizing the skinÂ and don’t forget to moisturise your under eye area. This provides a good canvas to work on, apply this cream on areas you wish to â€œcookâ€.I useÂ Cetaphil DermaControl Oil Control Moisturizer.
- Use a good full coverage concealer which is a shade lighter than your skin tone, MAC Conceal and contour palette Â works really well for this.
- Now blend the concealer into the skin.You can use your beauty blender for it or your concealor brush whatever you like to blend. Gently blend it till it almost vanishes.
- Next it to use a loose powder and I am not going to use the ever famousÂ Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder or the Ben nye banana powder for it.What I am going to use is the baby powder.:)
- Take a wedge and gently pat the translucent powder into desired place, generously, covering the concealed areas and allow to sit for -10 minutes.
- Now use a clean fluffy brush to dust off the translucent powder .
- Baby powder intentionally will look too white but with in few minutes it will adjust to your skin tone.
- While my baby powder does the baking work I do my brows, blush, lipsticks etc so that I don’t waste time.
We women hardly have time anyway.Too must instagramming and snapchatting 😀
My instagram – Anamika Sureka
Snapchat ID – Wiseshemakeup
Voilla! I am done 🙂
And here is the video of baking with baby powder for you..Enjoy and let me know if you will try this technique.