I got this from Healthkart a long time back..I guess it was sometime in Jan or Feb. I’m still new to Vichy products and picked this for its claim to keep the skin matte which is a challenge for me during summers. I’ve used this all through summer so I feel like I’m now in a good position to let you know if this works, how it works, etc.
Info on Vichy Normaderm ProMat Mattifying Cream with SPF 15
- Skin Concern: Shine Prone
- Skin Type: Combination, Oily
Ultra Mattifying Oil-free Lotion with Dry-Finish Technology + LHA + broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection SPF15. For an instant matte effect and lasting shine control. ALLURE OCTOBER 2009 BEAUTY AWARD WINNER.
Because UV rays can increase oil production by 26%, this ultra mattifying lotion comes with SPF15. Shine-control formula with blotting micro-spheres for a lasting mattifying effect. Absorbs excess oil for smooth and even skin.
- Ingredient Innovation:Â Dry Finish Technology, blotting micro-spheres for a lasting mattifying effect. Broad-spectrum UVA/UVB to protect skin from harmful UV rays. In an oil-free, light, non-greasy moisturizer.
- Results:Â Immediately mattified and shine-free skin. In 4 weeks, skin is visibly less oily. Regulates the appearance of shine. Prevents re-occurring oiliness. Skin is ultra-matte.
- Dermatological Standards:Â Allergy tested. Tested on sensitive skin under dermatological control. Non-comedogenic.
- Usage: Apply evenly before sun exposure and as needed. Use on face, neck, dÃ©colletage and hands daily in the morning either alone or under makeup. Smooth on gently until thoroughly absorbed.
- Quantity:Â 30ml
- Price:Â INR 950
About Vichy Normaderm ProMat Mattifying Cream with SPF 15:
- Packaging â€“ This comes in a thick plastic tube with a nozzle dispenser. It’s quite sturdy butÂ ifind it a bit inconvenient because it isn’t easy to squeeze out product and when its almost over, its next to impossible. I have actually used a knife to cut it open and have stored the remaining cream in a an old lip balm tub. And believe me, if I hadn’t I’d be losing about 2weeks worth of product!
- Color & Texture â€“ The cream is white with a tinge of green..but I’m not sure whether it actually has a green tinge or whether it seems so to mewhen I hold it next to the green tube. It has a soft, almost gel like texture and is very very light.
- Fragrance â€“ This cream has a mild but pleasant floral scent which I quite like because I don’t like strong fragrances in my face products since I tend to layer them on…Imagine the combined scents of sunscreen, mattifier, foundi, concealor, blush, contour powder, etc…It would be one big hotch-potch wouldn’t it?
I like this a lot! But let me tell you all at the offset that I use this more like a primer over my sunscreen instead of a sunscreen itself.Â I just squeeze out a tiny bit and rub it between the tips of my fingers and then pat it onto my skin. This is exactly how I use my B&D Mattifier in fact…except that the B&D one makes the pores look visibly smaller and makes d skin silky. Where as this one moisturizes my skin and plumps it out nicely.
I find it works well as a primer. Foundation glides easily over this and makeup does stay longer as well. It doesn’t decrease pore size immediately like silicon based primers do, but nonetheless, the effect after prolonged use is amazing! It has helped improve dull skin and helps soothe breakouts as well. Summers usually have a bad effect on my skin…I break out more easily, my T-zone gets oily and I can never find the right thing to apply…This is perfect! You know how when you have combi skin, in summers you end up using a cream either for dry skin or for oily skin? (I know a few who use a combination of both but I’m too lazy.)This is perfect for my kind of combi skin….It works well for the dry areas as well as the oily areas on my face. It keeps the oily sections of my face moisturized sans the greasiness. And makes the dry areas soft and supple 🙂 what more can we ask for right?
Pros of Vichy Normaderm ProMat Mattifying Cream with SPF 15:
- It acts as a nice base/ primer for makeup.
- Minimizes the pore size after prolonged usage.
- Keeps the dry areas of my face moisturized and also keeps the oil at bay on my T-zone area which gets very greasy.
- Perfect for combination skin like mine.
- Even helps soothe breakouts.
- Has SPF 15! 🙂
- Not greasy and has a gel like consistency.
- Travel friendly and sturdy packaging.
- Controls shine effectively
- Allergy tested.
Cons of Vichy Normaderm ProMat Mattifying Cream with SPF 15:
- On the pricier side
- Contains parabens
- Packaging is kinda hard to deal with as the product decreases.
- Effectiveness: 4.5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Availability: 4/5
- Price vs. Quality: 4/5