Hey all beauty geeks!!! After being impressed by lipsticks from Wet N Wild brand, I planned to explore their eyeshadow palettes as well. Wet N Wild eyeshadow palettes are favorites among you-tubers as amazing drugstore palettes. They have a kind of their own cult-following. So, wanting to understand the hype, I purchased couple of their palettes. Today I am going to review the neutral eyeshadow palette in Comfort Zone. Read further to know my experience. 🙂
About Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette:
Wet n Wild Cosmetics is an affordable and high quality brand based out of Los Angeles. These palettes belong to the Color Icon range. The company describes the palettes as:
‘Eight dynamic, perfectly color-coordinated shades with high pigment and pearl for ultra-impact color. Shades can be used together or individually to create an endless variety of looks. ‘
Price : $4.99.
Ingredients: Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitrate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Mica, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77492), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007)
My take on Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Comfort Zone:
Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Comfort Zone is a more neutral eyeshadow palette with some pretty shades of browns and greens. The eye shadows are marked as ‘Browbone’, ‘Eyelid’, ‘Crease’ and ‘Definer’. This demarcation, along with the illustration given at the back of the palette, will definitely help a beginner or anybody else using the palette to get a beautiful eyelook. The shades are classified as belonging to two different color families – browns and greens. However, you can easily mix the shades to get any permutation combination possible. All the swatches are without a primer.
The left side contains some pretty shades of browns:
- Browbone: Shimmery champagne with gold undertones.
- Eyelid: Shimmery pinkish copper.
- Crease: Shimmery bronze with gold undertones.
- Definer: Dark brown with red undertones and slight copper glitter.
The right side has prominent greens:
- Browbone: Shimmery silvery taupe.
- Eyelid: Shimmery olivey green.
- Crease: Dark brown with green undertones and gold glitter.
- Definer: This is the star of the palette. A duochrome shade with red/plum/brown/green undertones.
Texture: The eyeshadows are very smooth and buttery to touch. There are no matte shades in the palette. All the colors have either slight shimmer or sparkle to them. But it does not translate to glitter on eyes. The shadows can be worn for simple everyday look. Since the eyeshadows are soft to touch, there is a small fallout while application.
Pigmentation: Except couple of shades, the eyeshadows are insanely pigmented. You need to just touch the eyeshadow to get a decent amount on the brush. If you use them wet, all the shades look very rich and vibrant on the lid.
Staying Power: These shadows stay for long on the eyes. However, you definitely need to use an eyeshadow primer so that the shadows do not crease or move around on the eyes.
Packaging: The eyeshadows come packaged in a eight pan compact with a transparent cover. The compact includes a dual sided brush for application and blending of the shadows. The brush is not entirely useless and can be used in a pinch.
What I love about Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Comfort Zone:
- Intense pigmentation.
- Beautiful coordinated colors.
- Soft and opaque shades.
- Very easy to create various eye looks.
- Smooth texture.
- Very affordable.
- Good quantity of eyeshadows.
- No building up required.
- Lot of MAC and UD dupes.
- Quality comparable to some expensive shadows.
What I do not love about Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Comfort Zone:
- No matte shades.
- Little fallout.
- Need to be careful of the pigmentation as the look can become too intense easily.
- Fragile packaging.
- Unavailability in India.
Final Impression: I am in love with this palette. Good quality eyeshadows at such an affordable rate. Perfect for beginners and experts alike. Definitely recommended!!!
Have you tried Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Comfort Zone?
You might also like reading these:-
- ELF Cream Eyeliner in Teal Tease Review & Swatches
- Kryolan Ikonic Gel Eyeliner Navy Review & Swatches
- 3 Easy Steps On How To Get Chiseled Cheekbones
- Lotus Herbals Moistpetals Lipstick Burgundy 111 Review & Swatches
- MAC Eyeshadow Star Violet Review & Swatches
- 10 Best Hairstyles Of Sonam Kapoor
- Wet n Wild Mega Last Lip Color in 904B Rose Bud Review, Swatches & FOTD
- 8 Makeup Tricks For Girls Who Wear Spectacles
- 10 MAC Lipsticks For NC50 Skin Tone