Hey all beauty geeks!!! I have always been intrigued by the color Purple. It looks like a very royal color to me and has an alluring charm of itself. I love anything purple at the very first glance, though may not keep liking it after many thoughtful considerations 😉 While picking up eyeshadow palettes from Wet N Wild, I could not stop myself from picking up the 8 Pan palette in Petal Pusher. Because it had so pretty purples. Read on to know did I continue liking the palette or did it turnout to be an impulse buy??? 🙂
About Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette:
Wet n Wild Cosmetics is an affordable and high quality brand based out of Los Angeles. These palettes belong to the Color Icon range. The company describes the palettes as:
‘Eight dynamic, perfectly color-coordinated shades with high pigment and pearl for ultra-impact color. Shades can be used together or individually to create an endless variety of looks. ‘
Price : $4.99. You may get it from flipkart here.
Ingredients: Talc, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Magnesium Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitrate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Methylparaben, Silica, Propylparaben, Polyethylene, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Dimethicone/Methicone Copolymer, Tin Oxide, Mica, Aluminum Powder (CI 77000), Black 2 (CI 77266), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77288), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides ( CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77492), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 77007)
My take on Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Petal Pusher:
Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Petal Pusher is a palette dedicated to pink and purple color family, along with some earthy shades as well. The eyeshadows are clearly marked as ‘Browbone’, ‘Eyelid’, ‘Crease’ and ‘Definer’ to help to create various eye looks. The colors can be worn as a illustrated or can be combined in numerous ways to suit yourself. 🙂 The first column of the palette has purple tone shades and the second column has more plum-ish earthy neutral tones. All the swatches are without a primer.
The left side comprises mainly of purples:
- Browbone: A white eyeshadow with shimmery lilac undertones; does not show up very well on the lids.
- Eyelid: A lilac with purple undertones and slight gold shimmer; powdery to touch and is not very pigmented.
- Crease: Dark purple with violet undertones; very smooth and very pigmented.
- Definer: Medium purple with blue undertones and silver shimmer; medium pigmented.
The right side has more neutral plum tones and pigmentation better than the purples:
- Browbone: Frosty pink with lilac undertones; pigmented.
- Eyelid: Copperish rose with gold shimmer; pigmented but sheer.
- Crease: Blackish burgundy with red shimmer; very pigmented.
- Definer: Charcoal black with multi-color shimmer; very pigmented.
Texture: Most of the eyeshadows are smooth and creamy to touch, with the first two shades in the left side little powdery. All the shades have a sheen or shimmer to them. No matte shade present. However, the eye shadows will not make you look glittery. There is a little fallout while using the shadows.
Pigmentation: This palette, especially the left side, is less pigmented as compared to other Wet N Wild palettes. The colors do not show as pretty on the lids as in the palette. The problem with the pigmented shades is that all the dark colors look almost alike on the eyelid. Further, while blending the shades, the look turns out to be little muddy.
Staying Power: The eyeshadows do need an eye primer. They do stay for long on a primer.
Packaging: The eyeshadows come packaged in a eight pan compact with a transparent cover. The compact includes a dual-sided eyebrush.
What I love about Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Petal Pusher:
- Decent pigmentation.
- Beautiful coordinated colors.
- Very easy to create various eye looks.
- Soft and smooth texture.
- Good quantity of eyeshadows.
- Better quality compared to the price.
What I do not love about Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Petal Pusher:
- Some shades lack pigmentation.
- Becomes muddy on more blending.
- Dark shades look almost same on the eyelid.
- Little fallout.
- Absence of any matte color.
- Cheap packaging.
- Unavailability in India.
This eyeshadow palette is an average palette. If you would pick it up only for purples, then it will definitely disappoint you. However, if it appeals to you as an affordable and versatile palette, then it is a good buy. Choose with your discretion!!! 😉
Have you tried Wet n Wild Color Icon 8 Pan Eyeshadow Palette in Petal Pusher?
You might also like reading these:-
- Deborah Milano Clean Skin Remover Review
- St.Ives Softening Whipped Silk Advanced Body Moisturiser Review
- Maybelline Volumâ€™ Express Pumped Up Colossal Mascara in Glam Black Review
- 7 ELF Lip Products You can Try
- Lâ€™OrÃ©al Instant Clear Anti Dandruff Shampoo Review
- Colorbar I Glide Eyeliner Perky Pink Review & Swatches