Recently, the term Microdermabrasion has been a hot topic of discussion in the beauty world and has attracted a number of beauty & skincare brands to focus on this aspect of skincare and launch products which are capable of Microdermabrasion. So, the whole buzz about Microdermabrasion and the reasons behind its huge acceptance in the recent times is what this post is all about.
Meaning of Microdermabrasion
Microdermabrasion, as the name suggests, is the removal of a layer of skin (usually top layer or epidermis) through suction and friction caused by the use of micro crystals (minerals). Abrasion means erosion by friction and friction is caused by the microscopic crystals of minerals.
Microdermabrasion is basically a non-surgical method of improving the texture of the skin. There are several demerits in the cosmetic surgeries involved these days so the use of Microdermabrasion is a recent trend which is capable of dealing with problematic skin, fighting signs of aging & to achieve a younger looking radiant skin.
Undoubtedly, Microdermabrasion has emerged to be a more convenient method of having a glowing skin and postpones the appearance of wrinkles and age spots on the face.
How it works?
So letâ€™s know about how this works and in what ways it has proved to be an ideal option for treatment of aging skin.
Microdermabrasion utilizes micro mineral crystals (aluminum oxide) which are accurately vacuumed through a device to create friction between the skin & the particles which gently remove the layer of the skin which is problematic and has the pigmentations & wrinkles. It is a harmless and less time consuming process which is quite a hit these days and has touched the most raved area i.e. aging skincare.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
This accounts for a painless machine-oriented process which rejuvenates the skin. There are many benefits of Microdermabrasion and they are as under.
- Non- surgical process- This is a non-invasive procedure and no surgery, to remove the layer of skin, is done in this so it is very easy and involves no issues or side effects of cosmetic surgery.
- Safe for the skin- Unlike chemical peeling which uses chemicals to peel off the layer of skin, this is comparatively a safer option for sensitive skin and reduces the chances of damaging the skin.
- Involves low risk- It is not like any cosmetic surgery which involves any hospitalization and other surgical necessities. It is painless and simple procedure and has a fast recovery.
- Simple & non-invasive- This does not involve the use of any injecting needle or medicines. It is based on the principle of gentle abrasion and subsequent suction of the top most layer of skin to impart a glowing and younger looking skin.
- Less time consuming- This procedure doesnâ€™t involve frequent sittings with the doctor and is visibly effective from the first treatment itself. The recovery time for this process is only 1-2 days which makes it a great option to undergo.
Economical to your pocket
Unlike other cosmetic procedures or Botox injections, this wonâ€™t hurt your pocket much and comes in the affordable price range of INR 5000-10,000 and that is definitely affordable, provided the fact that it will make your skin look younger and that too in a harmless manner.
Microdermabrasion is altogether a different procedure and shouldnâ€™t be misunderstood with the term Dermabrasion which is a complex cosmetic procedure which involves surgery.
I hope the information was useful to understand the basic concept of Microdermabrasion and how well it works for the skin in revealing a younger and refreshing skin.
Did you know about Microdermabrasion and its benefits?
You might also like reading these:-