We all know the importance of skinÂ exfoliation, it sloughs off dead skin, unclogs pores, improves circulation..blah..blah…Â but have we ever thought our scalp too needs exfoliation! After all even that is skin. TheÂ usage of so many products shampoos, conditioners, serums etc Â causes a lot of build up. Pollution & dust can add to our troubles leading to dandruff, scalp acne & finally hair fall.
So how does Scalp exfoliation help:
1. It helpsÂ remove productÂ build up from the scalp & clarifies it.
2. It removes dead cells, pollutants unclogging the hair follicle.
3. Exfoliation also improves blood circulation to the scalp & strengthens roots.
4. ItÂ works toÂ reduce dandruff & scalp infections.
5. It also helpsÂ reduce hair loss.
Before all theÂ chemical shampoos flooded Indian marketsÂ our grandmothers would use amla,Â reetha, shikakai which were natural cleansers & exfoliants that nourished & strengthened hair. No wonder, thick, long lustrous locks weren’t a rare sight.Â Â Well we cannot go back to those days but can try this alternate.
Â Things Required For Scalp Exfoliation:-
1.Â 1 tablespoons olive oil
2. 2 tablespoons sugar granules
3. Few drops essential oil (optional)
1. In a bowlÂ heatÂ olive oil & add aÂ few drops of essential oil. Don’t add the sugar just yet. Add the sugar only once you are ready for exfoliation or it may dissolve.
2. Apply only the oil first & lightly massage.
3. Part your hair into sections.
4. Now combine the sugar granules with olive oilÂ & apply it to the sections immediately.
5. GentlyÂ massage with your finger tips. Apply more if necessary but be very slow & gentle as you scrub. Sugar isÂ a very good exfoliant &Â sinceÂ it dissolves it doesn’t create a mess.
6. Shampoo & condition as usual. DONE!
You can follow this routine once or twice a month depending on the amount ofÂ styling products you use & the condition of your hair.
P.S: People with sensitive scalp, weak roots, or under treatment for hair problems,Â please consult your dermatologist before trying this.
1. You may substitute olive oil with your shampoo if you do not have time to oil your hair.
2. You can use other gritty substances to exfoliate, butÂ make sure you rinse it off thoroughly.
3. Few of you may be skeptical that it may lead to hair loss, but that is a myth. If that were true then we would never require threading or bleaching, regular scrubbing would have done the job!
Did you like this method of Scalp Exfoliation ?
You might also like reading these:-
- The Body Shop Vanilla Bliss Lip Balm Review
- Maybelline Superstay 14 Hour Lipstick Infinitely Fuchsia Review & Swatches
- Maybelline â€“ Express Finish 40 â€“ Nail Paint â€“ Turquoise Lagoon NOTD
- Shiro Cosmetics Intertubes in Sad Keanu Review & Swatches
- Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Renewing Penetrating Oil Review