Hi all ! 🙂
Today Iâ€™m going to share my experience with the red color, as in how to tame a red lip color, a red blush or what makeup to wear when you wear a red dress ! Iâ€™m sure this post will help yaâ€™ll out there who hesitate to wear red 😉
Anyways Wikipedia describes red as :-
â€œIn some cultures, certain shades of red are used to symbolize anger or aggression. It is the color ofÂ bloodÂ when it is exposed toÂ sunlight. In western countries, it is most commonly referred to as a color ofÂ evil,Â love, and sometimes, though rarely,Â happiness. Red is used as a symbol of guilt, sin, passion, and anger, often as connected with blood or sex. Red is used as a symbol of courage and sacrifice, as in blood spilt in sacrifice, or courage in the face of lethal danger. Red catches people’s attention and can be used either in a negative way to indicate danger and emergency, in a positive way in advertising to gain more viewers, or in nature, as a ripe fruit announces its ripeness by its red color.â€
Woopppsss.. ! thatâ€™s a lot of information about red, so I just wanted you all to know that the red color symbolizes a lot in different senses, and its just not a color, for e.g. in Hindu tradition, red color is used for auspicious occasions, its related to oneâ€™s prosperous marriage, fertility etc. But anyhow, Lets concentrate on styling our red dresses in terms of makeup 😉
Before I sum up the doâ€™s , Iâ€™d like to highlight the common mistakes of people they do while wearing red, or while dealing with red in their makeup :-
Matching an entirely different red lipstick with a red saree/dress.
Doing an entire red makeup while wearing a red dress/saree.
Using a dark lipstick/blush.
Wearing wrong accessories.
Using too much concealer/powder (makes a ghastly face especially in flash) in order to get a porcelain skin, which by no means you can achieve without having a proper healthy skin.
The list just goes on, but first check out a few celebrity blunders 😉 😀
Yuck.. paris Hilton stained her lips !! This is one of the biggest mistake while using red lipstick, donâ€™t forget to blot your inner rims of lips to prevent teeth staining.
Â Wrong Makeup
Doing a wrong makeup incorporating orangey shadow, and that too with extra powdered face makes you look like this ! K
As everyone know RED is an eye catching color, not only it invigorates your look but also makes you stand out in crowd. Just make sure you donâ€™t do anything stated above, so here comeâ€™s the doâ€™s of the reds 😉
- Getting a right red lipstick is very important. Red comes in a variation, thereâ€™s a perfect red for every skin tone !! You just need to find one for yourself. Just for an e.g hereâ€™s what Wikipedia shows red as
Eye Makeup , Blush & Lipstick For Red Dresses:-
- Donâ€™t use eye shadows from the family of reds for e.g orange, bronze, reds etc, while wearing a red lipstick with a red dress. Instead you should shadows which accentuates your eyes, but keep your lips and dress as the center of attraction. Use nude eyeshadows like beige, champagne, soft browns, taupeâ€™s, soft coral, browns etc.
- A red blush with red lipstick and dress will be a big NO ! Instead you should use a flattering blush that makes your skin looks naturally flushing, i.e. opt for a healthy glow blush, donâ€™t try to look like a celebrity (by now you must have seen what blunderâ€™s theyâ€™ve made :rotfl: ooohh actually their makeup artists should be fired 😛 ) Opt for a peachy blush, or trust on contouring or bronzing your face.
- Always line your lips with a lip pencil before applying a red lipstick because most of the red lipsticks tend to bleed (you donâ€™t want have your teethÂ like parisâ€™s , right ? 😛 ) You can use a nude lip pencil or even a red lip pencil to draw in your lips (donâ€™t overdraw your lips, until you have very thin lips ), then apply your red lipstick. Blot it a little if itâ€™s a glossy lipstick to avoid staining of your lips, or apply some balm beneath if itâ€™s a matte lipstick.
- Just dust over a little compact powder (ofcourse you need to have a foundation matching to your skin tone, and concealer to hide any flaws). The key to look healthy and vibrant is to use a matching foundation, and concealer, and Blending !! Blend whatever you have instead of slathering more product, this is why they all look appalling with that extra and unblended and different shade concealer under their eyes. Also purchase products acc.to your skin type which are waterproof/sweatproof/crease proof/ flash proof 😛
- If you donâ€™t want to wear red lips with a red dress (which isnâ€™t a rule anyways) you can always pair your outfit with nude lips, or peachy lips.
Look at all these ladies, theyâ€™re wearing reds and have one thing in common !! What ? Its red :rose: they have red gowns/dresses with red lips , but none of them look weird thatâ€™s because of incorporating and taking care of what not to do while youâ€™re wearing a red 😉
Adele Red Lipstick:-
My perfect example of a diva wearing a red lipstick is Adele !! I just :heart: her ,sheâ€™s a doll, and sheâ€™s an old soul, everything matches perfectly so classy and flawless. I :heart: everything right from her dresses, her makeup, her fake eyelashes which are flattering, the perfect pout, the black dresses, her wigs that reminds me of 70â€™s, the perfect contoured faceÂ and what not ?? I just love love love love her :heart:
Some of the best red lipsticks from MAC are Russian red, ruby woo, dubonnet, lady bug etc. I hope you liked this post, and donâ€™t forget to drop in your comments below and share your knowledge with us 🙂 Â Have a great time.
Godbless !! :-*
Â You might like reading these also:-