1. What is your name, where do you blog, and what are we likely to find there?
I am Poonam (call me Poo.. 🙂 ) and you can find me blogging on Beautyandmakeupmatters.com. It is a makeup and beauty blog where you can find product reviews, Makeup looks, Favorites, Tips & Tricks, heavy dose of eye makeup looks and Tutorials along with few outfit posts and much more.
2)What are your favourite type of posts to write and read?
I like to do Makeup looks and Eye makeup Tutorials the most followed by reviews of Eye shadows, Lipsticks and Blushes. Recently I started with Makeup Tips & tricks and Bridal Shopping Guide which I love. The monthly series of Finally Finished and Favorites List is exciting too but the most boring part is reviewing skin care products like lotions, body butters and face creams.. 😛
I like to go around the blogging world before investing in something, thanks to all the beautiful bloggers who work hard day & night and share their experience with products.
3) What is your skin care routine?
I love my skin and try my best to keep it in healthy and glowy.
Day Time Routine:-
It is like winning a war to get ready on time in the morning. I have 5 min or even less to get ready, so the routine has to be super-quick. As I sleep with a clean moisturized face I donâ€™t feel the need to wash it again in the morning, few splashes of water are enough to get a clean face. Prepare my skin with a toner, then a light moisturizer (Heavy ones are restricted for Night Routine), finishing up with a sunscreen.
I usually follow a strict skin care regime which includes Cleansing, Toning, and Moisturizing. I make sure to remove makeup before going to bed, using a mild makeup remover for eyes and creamy cleanser for rest of the face, followed by foaming face wash. Next is few sprays of the toner and a rich/heavy moisturizer (with anti-ageing properties) to cater to my dry skin care needs. Next comes a moisturizing under eye cream, lip balm and a hand & cuticle cream
This is not it, I have a weekend special skin care routine to pamper my skin which includes scrubbing, massage and face pack. Also, some homemade packs once in a while like curd massage, fruit packs for extra nourishment!
I know it is a bit elaborated but trust me I follow this routine religiously except some Super busy/Super lazy days. 😉
4) What are your makeup essential?
Makeup essentials, thatâ€™s the toughest question I have been asked. Earlier it used to be a kajal and Lip balm but thanks to my makeup addiction the essential list is getting longer and longer.
As of now, for face
- Light weight Foundation (e.g Bourjois Healthy Mix) or Tinted Moisturiser ( like Lakme CC Cream)
- Under Eye Concealer (Lâ€™Oreal True Match Blendable Concealer)
- Loose Powder/compact (Currently its CoverGirl Professional Loose Powder)
- Peachy/Pink Blush (Colorbar Just Earth/NYX Dusty Rose)
- Cheek Highlighter (NYX Illuminator)
- Lipsticks in the shade of Pink, Red, Orange (Maybelline Coral Pink, Revlon Superlustrous Berry Rich, Revlon Superlustrous Love That Pink, Lotus Red Rover, Maybelline Bronze Orange)
- E.L.F Powder Brush for application â€“ Multi-purpose brush that applies everything with ease.
Deep, bold shades like Revlon Balm stain in Smitten, Revlon Really Red, INGLOT #53 (Neon Pink) lipstick for special occasions and sheer lip colors like Lâ€™Oreal Balmy shine in Peach Pleasure, Lâ€™Oreal Color Riche Caresse lipstick in Sunset Angora for instant creamy/shiny lips without compromising on the color and the sticky feel like regular lip glosses
Coming to my favorite part of makeup â€“ The Eyes 😉 .
- Colored Eye Liners â€“ I use Faces Canada Long Wear Eye Pencils
- Matte Black Gel Liner â€“ Lâ€™Oreal Infallible Gel Liner â€“ Blackes Black
- Angled Liner Brush for application â€“ SIGMA E-65
I love colors on my eyes and rarely wear neutral shades.. (yaa I know.. but I am like that only)
- Colored Eye Shadows â€“ INGLOT Freedom System Refills Matte #371, DS #474, AMC #65, DS #495, DS #477
- Neutral/Brown Eye Shadows – INGLOT Freedom System Refills Pearl #401, Pearl #421, Matte #390
- Faces Eye Shadow Brush for application 🙂
I wish the list remain endless but this is it for now.. pheewww!!
5) Whatâ€™s your skin type?
I have a dry to super-dry skin type in winters which starts flaking with a bit of ignorance. It behaves slightly better in summers turning to dry-normal. I have strong yellow undertones andÂ medium-fair skin colors, somewhere between NC 40 and NC 42 in MAC.
6) What’s the one piece of advice you’d give to any blogger?
All of the Masters(Experienced Bloggers) here have much more skill/knowledge here and I would love to receive advices from them but I would like to give one to the starters.
Newbies into Beauty Blogging or those who are thinking of starting a Beauty Blog: Donâ€™t just jump into blogging for the sake of it, it is not as easy as it looks but need lots of commitment and hard work. It is one of the most occupying and if I can say expensive hobby! 😉
7) How did you come to know aboutÂ www.wiseshe.com?
I was searching for some reviews on eye liners for my Bridal Makeup shopping, itâ€™s almost 3 years now when I stumbled upon Wiseshe.com and got hooked. I remember it exactly when you declared your pregnancy on the blog and announced the BabyBlog. 😀 :D. Kudos to you dear for your effort and hardwork and one thing I really appreciate about you is, though you own one of the biggest beauty blogs and must be tad busy but still you take time and comment on other blogs as well.. <3
You might like reading these also:-
- What Is Scalp Exfoliation â€“ DIY Scalp Exfoliation
- Mac Matte Blush Mocha Review & Swatches
- Lush Eau Roma Water (Toner Water) Review
- Colorbar Pout in a Pot Lipcolor Fable Pink 003 Review
- FRUTTINI Peach Pear Body Butter Review
- Top 5 Ways To Shop Makeup And Cosmetics In USA
- Lâ€™Occitane Pivoine Flora Lip Shine Brun Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Jovees Lemon Lip Balm Review
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion-Type 3 for Combination Oily Skin Review
- Colorbar Lip Pot Forever Pink 010 Review & Swatches