HI Anamika…loved your oily/acne scrub tip….btw i needed somemore info regarding scrubbing.
1-What is the frequency one can scrub their face?
2-What is the right method to scrub?
3-What is the right time of the day to scrub your face?
4-Are there and to-dos before and after scrubbing?
Please answer these for me 🙂 i have an acne prone/oily skin which leave ugly brown/black pigmentation and i find it reaaaaallly reaaaaly difficult to get rid of them. Please letme know if there is any scrub in the market that can help me with this.(pssst….i’m very lazy preparing my own scrub…i’m more of an on the move girl…hehe)
Thanks for all the lovely tips u give.
Thanks you for liking all the Wise She tips.These tips are collective effort of many people and not only me so won’t take all the credit by myself
Face scrub – The main aim of face scrub is to remove deal cells from the surface of our skin.Our skin take about two weeks to replenish it self therefore one should not over scrub their face daily.When we scrub our face too often scrubbing strips off the skin of its protective oil which can disturb the pH level.Scrubbing removed the dead skin cell and give us fresh skin but doing it too often harms the skin.
Every one skin differs.Some skin may recover faster than other.I will recommend scrubbing twice a week if you have oily skin.Use products which are not too harsh for you skin.If you have real sensitive skin then do just once a week.
While scrubbing our body loses protective cells therefore be sure to mositurizer and use sunscreen on your face when you are done with scrubbing.
There are many people whose skin irritates due to scrubbing and even flakes out too.They can use a moist soft towel to wipe the dead skin off if scrubbing don’t suit them.
Right method to scrub /How to exfoliate your face
1. Wash your face with a cleanser so that all the impurities gets removed.
2. Now when your face is moist apply any exfoliating product or scrub on your face.
3. Don’t be harsh with your face and use your finger for scrubbing.Just use gentle circular motions and avoid the eye area because the skin at that part is quiet sensitive and can get damaged due to harsh products.
4. Rinse your face with luke warm water and pat it dry.
5. Apply any mask which will bring a glow to your skin and nourish it.
6. In the end apply moisturizer and sunscreen .
As you are a lazy girl I recommend Body shop loofah for face scrubbing and exfoliating body gloves for body scrubbing.They both are not harsh and work well for most of the skin.You just have to rub your face with the loofah in circular motion .
What is the right time to scrub your face -I have no idea about this but I generally do it in afternoon or morning … I am sure you must have annoyed your teachers many times Mitra …Just kidding
Do’s and don’t of scrubbing – I think I have covered this above it self.Still will summarise it below for better clarification:-
1. Don’t exfoliate your skin every day.
2. Don’t use harsh toner after exfoliation .
3. If you are using market product then stick to your product.Exfoliating with different types of product might harm your skin.