Have any of you been in a place where you spent days and months contemplating a purchase? Where you kept thinking whether the item you lust for is really worth the extravagance and maybe its just a passing phase which will be forgotten soon? And then after a few month you realised that No! You haven’t forgotten and the product still tops your Lust-list?? And then you pick up the guts to buy one and then suddenly the next month you buy another and just like that, all your inhibitions about the product have disappeared?
That’s the story of me and YSL…Classic love story where love for lippy conquered all odds! 😉 I happened to buy my first YSL lippy sometime in Jan or Feb and then a month later bought this baby. I’ll be reviewing the first lippy too but for now I shall keep you in suspense 😉
You might like readingÂ Yves Saint Laurent Long Lasting Eye Pencil #6 Shimmering Burgundy Review too
It was since around last Dec that I was hunting for a few good neutral lippies (I don’t know how I started fancying them) and picked up a few at that time. MaxFactor Burnt Caramel was one of them and this lippy from YSL is one other such lippy I picked up.
About YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rose Bergamasque:-
A new-generation lipstick inspired by Monsieur Saint Laurentâ€™s iconic color paletteâ€”red, fuchsia and orangeâ€”in a collection of captivating couture shades that offer each complexion a customized look. Enveloped in a luxurious gold case designed by Creative Director Stefano Pilati, Rouge Pur Couture speaks elegance. Lips are saturated with intense, stay-true color, thanks to the Coloreveal Technology while natural extracts provide comforting moisture that lasts all day. Provides medium to full coverage with a radiant, satin finish. SPF 15.
Ingredients: Octyldodecanol, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Stearyl/Ppg-3 Myristyl Ether Dimer Dilinoleate, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Polyethylene, Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax), Polybutene, Propylene Glycol Dibenzoate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Titanium Dioxide, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol, Aqua (Water), Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Mannitol , Polyurethane-15, Acacia Senegal Gum, Glyceryl Stearate, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Extract , Yeast (Faex) Extract , Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Citric Acid
My experience with YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rose Bergamasque:-
- Packaging: As visible, this lipstick comes in a rectangular tube which looks all classy and sophisticated with the brand logo emblazoned on it. However, the tube is prone to smudge-marks and finger prints which is a bit of a pain to wipe off time and again.
- Color: Rose Bergamasque is a creamy neutral pink shade with peach undertones. It doesn’t have any shimmers or glitters.
- Price: INR 1850
- Coverage & Pigmentation: This is a full coverage lipstick and does cover up any pigmentation on my lips in 2 swipes.. .
- Texture: This lipstick has a satin, yet creamy finish and when I apply this I feel like I’m applying some luxurious cream on my lips. Yet what’s amazing is that despite being so creamy, it doesn’t feel heavy on application. It’s like a mousse and doesn’t even settle into my lips.
- Staying Power: By virtue of the fact that this is a light, neutral pink shade, it doesnt stay on longer than 4hrs. This itself though is quite commendable since most other neutral shades I have wear off within 2hrs.
I love this lippy! Not just because its YSL…well, ofcourse 30% of my love is because of that 😉 but I can’t be blamed for that right?? While I decided to buy neutrals, I decided I wanted a neutral in every hue…a pinkish neutral, peachy neutral, brownish neutral, peachy brown, etc and all other combinations…Where Burnt Caramel fulfilled my wish for a peachy brown neutral, this YSL lippy took the cake for a pinky neutral.
The lip swatches really don’t do justice to the shade. It looks too pale in pics and a wishy-washy kinda shade but I assure it isn’t so. It’s a gorgeous pink which goes really well when I wear heavier eye make-up. It does make me look a little pale when worn alone without any eye makeup though. Texture wise, this has to be one of the best lippies I’ve tried till date 🙂 Glides smoothly on my lips and hugs them softly..so romantic 😉
What I like about YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rose Bergamasque:-
- One of the best pink neutral shades around
- Perfect color to pair with a heavy eye look(simple engagement eye makeup tutorial)
- Doesnt sink into my lips
- Doesn’t make me look pale and ill like some neutrals
- The Pink and Peach makes the neutral shade much more interesting than the usual brown base.
- Amazing formula which glides like cream on the lips
- Classy and chic packaging
- Vast number of shades available
What I don’t like about YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rose Bergamasque:-
- Very, very pricey
- The tube is very prone to smudge marks and I end up wiping it everytime I use it.
- Pigmentation: 5/5
- Packaging: 4/5
- Staying Power: 4.5/5
- Availability: 4.5/5
- Price vs. Value: 4.5/5
Have you triedÂ YSL Pur Couture Lipstick in Rose Bergamasque ?
You may also reading:Â –
- 30 Beautiful Chambor Eyeliner Swatches & Photos
- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil Coal Mine 09 Review & Swatches
- Chambor Eye tattoo Liner ET 03 Review & Swatches
- NYX 923 Copper Slim Eye Pencil Review and Swatches
- MAC Chromagraphic Pencil Rich Purple Review And Swatches
- Lakme Nine To Five Kohl Ultimate Photos & Swatches
- Diana Of London Shooting Star Eyeliner Eye Pencil Review
- Revlon Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon Bronze Smoke Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Khol and Contour eye pencil in Bronze Raffine 79 Review & Swatches
- Amway Attitude Eyeliner Pencil Kajal Coal Review & Swatches
- Oriflame Beauty Eye liner Stylo Review
- Avon Glimmerstick Diamond Eyeliner Review
- Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick Glimmer Green Review