My review is on an Eye Pencil by Yves Saint Laurent in #6 Shimmering Burgundy shade that is apparently very pigmented and creamy. The reason why I chose burgundy is that I am not too fond of shimmer eyeliner pencils but I decided to try this one as I had heard these pencils by YSL are not overly shimmery, they have this metallic look to them which is highly pigmented and can be worn for the day time as well. So I bought it online, though this is quite expensive for an eye pencil.
- Price: Rs. 1,259 (After discount Rs. 967)
- Quantity: 0.04 oz. / 1.14 g
My experience with Yves Saint Laurent Long Lasting Eye Pencil:-
The eyeliner comes in a wooden body package which is black in color. YSL is an high end product and is not locally available. YSL does not even have an Indian website; I bought this product through online shopping from a cosmetics website in India.
It comes along with a sharpener which is an added advantage. This eyeliner comes in various colors, both in shimmer and non-shimmery ones.
The finish of this product is creamy, pigmented and long lasting. It is also water-resistant. I did not feel any discomfort with this product. It does not even break while sharpening that makes it even more wonderful. I strictly dislike when such expensive products break while sharpening. It is also a good option for those who are looking for a multi-purpose product for eyes. I always look for products that can be used in different ways and this one is a great product for that matter as it can be worn as eyeliner on water line too. Not many eyeliners can be worn this way but YSL liner pencil does justice to its worth. I sometimes smudge this liner to give an eye shadow smoky look to my eyes and this liner blends on the lids so well to give that effect of an eyeshadow too. I would say that this is one of the best eye pencils I have used so far.
Â Yves Saint Laurent Long Lasting Eye Pencil #6 Shimmering Burgundy Swatches:-
Tip: Although I have dark brown eyes, I would suggest that this color goes best on grey, hazel or blue eyes. In my opinion it looks better on me when I wear eye contact lenses in light shade than my natural eye color.
What I like about Yves Saint Laurent Long Lasting Eye Pencil:-
- Can be used as eyeliner, eye shadow or kohl â€“ Multipurpose Use. J (Also as eyebrow filler if you like browns for eyebrows) 😀
- Itâ€™s one colored (except black & white) eye liner pencil that stays on the waterline as well.
- Itâ€™s NOT over shimmery. Thus, can be worn during the day time.
- Its creamy texture makes it smooth on eyes.
- It has HIGH lasting power.
- Comes along a sharpener.
- Smudge-Proof once set.
What I do not like about Yves Saint Laurent Long Lasting Eye Pencil:-
- Very expensive.
- Not easily available in India.
Â My Verdict: This eyeliner pencil gives you whatever it claims. I would repurchase it but probably in a different shade this time. Â
Â Rating: 4.5/5
Â Have you tried Yves Saint Laurent Long Lasting Eye Pencil#6?
You might like reading these also:-
- 30 Beautiful Chambor Eyeliner Swatches & Photos
- Colorbar I-Glide Eye Pencil Coal Mine 09 Review & Swatches
- Chambor Eye tattoo Liner ET 03 Review & Swatches
- NYX 923 Copper Slim Eye Pencil Review and Swatches
- MAC Chromagraphic Pencil Rich Purple Review And Swatches
- Lakme Nine To Five Kohl Ultimate Photos & Swatches
- Diana Of London Shooting Star Eyeliner Eye Pencil Review
- Revlon Luxurious Color Smoky Crayon Bronze Smoke Review & Swatches
- Bourjois Khol and Contour eye pencil in Bronze Raffine 79 Review & Swatches
- Amway Attitude Eyeliner Pencil Kajal Coal Review & Swatches
- Oriflame Beauty Eye liner Stylo Review
- Avon Glimmerstick Diamond Eyeliner Review
- Lakme Fantasy Collection Shadow Artist Shimmer Stick Glimmer Green Review