I wanted to review this back to back with Lâ€™Oreal Wet shine to show you how identical they are. I am seriously bitten by this brand and exploring them since some time. So far I really loved their matte lipstick range and then these stains. YSL glossy stains are not new in market, they initially launched 20 shades, and the brand is continuously adding shades every now and then. The one I am sharing today is from the original launch – # 8 Orange De China.
- Size â€“ 6 ml ,
- Price â€“ 2200/- INR Â , Available â€“ shoppers Stop and Lifestyle stores across India and @ strawberrynet.com
- Shade â€“ # 8 Orange De China is bright orange shade which is deep and is more reddish orange in nature and has super fine golden shimmer. It is stunning and an easy to wear orange shade that I have in my collection. It is very warm toned and absolutely summery, does looks scary at first but the stain itself is pretty easy on eyes.
- TEXTURE â€“ These are wet gel based gloss, not overly sticky, layer opaque in two swipes and I recommend you to wait between layering your lips. You can go away with one layer if you need just a hint of shade, layering it over makes it more intense and long wearing. These are non sticky and long wearing at the same time, I donâ€™t press my lips as they do make them feel little thick over time. The shade deepens after few hrs and hence the stain wears for long time.
YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis Ã€ LÃ¨vres Glossy Stain Swatches:-
- Staying Power â€“ The initial glossiness stays for 3 + hrs and the stain itself is very long wearing , I get 5 â€“ 6 hrs of wear and if I am not eating much they even manage to stay beyond that . They look so lush and wet and grab all the attention due to the high gloss shine.
- Packaging â€“ They come in sturdy rectangle shape tube with YSL logo on it and a sleek rectangle window to see the product. I absolutely adore the golden and black combination, the bulky packaging may not appear sleek and sexy but it is more convenient.
- Applicator â€“ The curved sponge tip hexagonal wand is provided for easy application of product. I tried this in store with lip brush and trust me the application was so uneven that I almost rejected at first place. I then read some reviews that the applicator is especially designed for this product and hence I was convinced to buy it blindly.
What I like about YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis Ã€ LÃ¨vres Glossy Stain # 8:-
- I love the fragrance, strong but addictive and fades off in few minutes.
- It is not sticky and still packs a lot of pigment.
- It stays good for long time considering it is just a stain.
What I donâ€™t like aboutÂ YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis Ã€ LÃ¨vres Glossy Stain # 8:-
- Nothing in particular but yeah I do prefer to buy these at sale. The price is too steep for 6 ml of product but again the quality is BANG ON!
Ratings â€“ 5/5, absolutely gorgeous from packaging to texture however the texture varies from shade to shade, I tried # 8, 9 and 13 and they were consistent.
Would I re-purchase â€“ I already have 3 and seriously wishing one more shade from the original launch. I am hooked and going to purchase these as long as they are making it , if not all I highly recommend you to try one of these .
Have you tried YVES SAINT LAURENT ROUGE PUR COUTURE Vernis Ã€ LÃ¨vres Glossy Stain ?
You might also like reading these:-
- ILLAMASQUA Powder Blusher Duo Review, Swatches & FOTD
- Friday Beauty & Fashion Online Deal
- Make-Up Must Haves for Teens
- Biotique Botanicals Bio White Advanced Fairness Facewash Review
- Accessorize Bronzing Block Shade # 3 Review and Swatches
- Olay White Radiance Advanced Fairness Intensive Brightening Serum Review
- Yes To Blueberries Line Reducing Lip Treatment Review
- Shahnaz Husain Hair Health Capsule Review